Veterans Application for GraduationPrintable Veterans Application for Graduation

Thousands of young men and women across the country left high school and the comforts of home and hearth to serve gallantly in the armed forces during World War II, Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam era. Their sacrifice ensured our freedom, built our country into a superpower, and shaped the entire course of history throughout the world. After the war, many of these veterans were not able to finish high school for various reasons, but led productive lives and built our communities over a lifetime.

Georgia Education Codes (O.C.G.A. § 20-2-69 and O.C.G.A. § 20-2-70), provide for each local board of education to issue a high school diploma to certain veterans. Each local board of education shall issue high school diplomas to veterans who failed to receive diplomas due to an interruption of their education by service in World War II, the Korean Conflict, or the Vietnam Conflict.

Who is Eligible?

  • Left high school prior to graduation to enlist in the armed forces of the United States;
  • Been honorably discharged;
  • To be eligible, the World War II veteran must have:
    • attended a high school in Irwin County between the years of 1937 and 1946 with graduation class years of 1941-1950;
    • served in WWII between September 16, 1940, and December 31, 1946
  • To be eligible, the Korean Conflict veteran must have:
    • attended a high school in Irwin County between the years of 1946 and 1955 with graduation class years of 1951-1955;
    • served in Korean Conflict between June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955
  • To be eligible, the Vietnam era veteran must have:
    • attended a high school in Irwin County between the years of 1960 and 1975 with graduation class years of 1964-1975;
    • served in the Vietnam era between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975

What documentation of required to prove eligibility?

  • DD Form 214 OR
  • A Certificate of Service OR
  • A letter from a recognized veterans agency affirming such service

How do you apply for a diploma?

  • Interested veterans should contact the Irwin County High School Counseling Office to complete a diploma application.
  • Required documentation must be provided.
  • Candidates possessing a high school equivalency diploma are also eligible.

For Additional Information Contact:

Irwin County High School Counseling Office
149 Chieftain Circle
Ocilla, Georgia 31774

Parent(s)/guardian(s) who are enrolling student(s) at Irwin County High School must complete a Student Enrollment Packet. Enrollment packets are available at the ICHS Guidance Office or Board of Education, or may be downloaded via the link to the right. Completed enrollment packets should be turned it at the ICHS Guidance Office. Once the enrollment packet is received, student records will be requested from the transferring school. A student will be enrolled at ICHS when all required enrollment documentation has been received and reviewed. The parent(s)/guardian(s) will be contacted by our guidance secretary Wilma Crow, Ms. Andrea Fletcher, 10th and 12th grades counselor, or Dr. Katrina Billingsley, 9th and 11th grade counselor, to provide additional school information and to schedule a start date.

To help ensure a smooth transition to ICHS, the school counselors are available to meet with parent(s)/guardian(s) and new students during the following times and if necessary, by appointment:

Monday 8:30 - 9:30 am
1:30 - 2:30 pm
Tuesday By Appointment
Wednesday 8:30 - 9:30 am
1:30 - 2:30 pm
Thursday By Appointment
Friday 8:30 - 9:30 am

Additional documents needed to enroll students into Irwin County High School:

  • Birth Certificate (or other proof of age)
    • Parents registering new students for school can now order Georgia birth certificates online directly from the State of Georgia. The Georgia Technology Authority partnering with the Georgia Department of Public Health provides Request Official Vital Event Records (ROVER), making it convenient to order certificates directly from the State of Georgia.
  • Proof of Residency in parent/guardian’s name, which may include
    • Current home utility bills (gas, electric, water, sanitation, cable, or land line telephone bill)
    • Current property tax statement or deed/valid residential lease or rental agreement
    • Current home purchase agreement.
    • For those parents living with someone, a third-person affidavit of residency (notarized affidavit shall be completed and signed by parent, guardian or other person, as well as the legal owner or lessor of the property where the student and the parent, guardian, or other person reside). Residency Affidavits may be obtained at the Central Office located at 210 Apple Street, Ocilla, GA.
  • Custody/Guardianship documentation, if applicable
  • Georgia Certificate of Immunization, Form 3231(available from a doctor or the Health Department)
  • Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Certificate, Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)
  • Copy of Student’s Social Security Card (or signed waiver in accordance with O.C.G.A 20-2-150). The lack of or objection to providing a social security number will not prevent a student from being enrolled.  Students will not be denied enrollment due to lack of a social security number.
  • Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.
  • Proof of health insurance or Medicaid.
  • Records from previous school, including Special Education Records (IEP/SST/504/Gifted). The ICHS Counseling Center will request previous school records, but will not enroll the student until ALL the documentation has been received.

Printable PDF ICHS Transcript Request

Official transcript fee: $3.00

Dr. Katrina Billingsley - Grades 9 and 11
Andrea Fletcher - Grades 10 and 12

Wilma Crow


Regina Cook, RN

The school nurse is available on a daily basis to provide care for students’ basic health care needs.

Students who need to see the nurse should ask his or her teacher to contact the office to have the student's name put on the sign-up sheet. The nurse will contact the student when it is his or her turn.


  • All medications will be dispensed through the High School or Nurse’s office.
  • Medication will only be dispensed with written permission and instructions either from the parent/guardian or physician.
  • All medications must be kept in the original container with proper identification, and should be brought to the office immediately upon arrival on campus.
  • Students should not keep any medicine with them, except asthma inhalers as deemed necessary by student’s doctor or school nurse.

"No Nit" Policy

Irwin County Schools continue to enforce a “No Nit Policy” and the National Pediculosis Association recognizes this policy “as the public health standard intended to keep children lice free, nit free, and in school.”

The No-Nit Policy simply means the student is temporarily dismissed from school until hair is free of lice and nits before returning to school. Close contacts, family members, bed mates should be examined and treated only if they are also infested. After an infested student has been treated at home and then checked by their health care provider/health dept., they may return to school with a “No Nit Clearance Note” from their provider, which must be submitted to the main office before class.

Head Lice 101

Medical Forms

Authorization to Give Medication
School-Based Health Clinic
School Clinic Permission Form

Toll-Free School Safety Hotline

The 1-877-SAY-STOP toll- free hotline was created by the Georgia Department of Education. Students can anonymously report anyone who has a weapon, has threatened to bring a weapon to school, or has violated any other school safety rules. The hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after 5 p.m. all calls will be forwarded to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Callers will not be asked to reveal their identities. Make the call; you can make a difference!