Irwin County High School will provide a safe, orderly, and caring environment where each student has an equal opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to function effectively in society.
- Every individual can learn.
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school.
- Every person is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
- Every individual within our school community deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
Individual self-discipline, responsibility, and accountability are essential to personal development and the learning process.
- Responsible parenting and family values affect learning.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
Research is a primary consideration in school improvement.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement will guide the development of the curriculum and instruction.
- Assessment of students and school personnel is essential to the learning process.
- Assessments of student learning will include a variety of opportunities for students to demonstrate their achievement.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
ICHS ALMA MATER
Let us pause and raise our voices
in a hymn of joy and praise
To the Irwin County High School
and our happy high school days.
We will share in victory ere’ so sweet,
we will stand beside you in defeat.
At our journey’s end
let our prayers ascend for
IRWIN COUNTY HIGH!