Wednesday, 18 December 2013 14:47
Senior Antuane Merritt, caught here in a candid moment with his teammates by Tom Robinson, has been chosen as Player of the Year for the 2-A All-Region team by the league's coaches. Other outstanding Irwin County Indians named to the all-region team include:
First Team Offense
RB – Jakyron Young, Irwin County, Jr.
TE – Eathan Ethridge, Irwin County, Jr.
C – Cam Morgan, Irwin County, Jr.
First Team Defense
DL – D.J. Peterson, Irwin County, Sr
DB – Jakyron Young, Irwin County, Jr.
PK – Eric Contreras, Irwin County, Sr.
Second Team Offense
RB – Ryan Peterson, Irwin County, Sr.
OL – Rusty Dorman, Irwin County, Jr.
OL – Chandler Taylor, Irwin County, Jr.
Second Team Defense
DL – Austin Phillips, Irwin County, Sr.
DL – Robert Wilcox, Irwin County, Jr
LB – D.J. Pollard, Irwin County, So.
DB – Mykell Collins, Irwin County, Jr.
P – Austin Phillips, Irwin County, Sr.
Congratulations to the Indians for an amazing football season! For the complete article on the all-region team, click here.
Friday, 15 November 2013 10:25
Irwin County Indians
Charlton County Indians
December 6, 2013,
- All tickets will be $15.00.
- As a courtesy, current reserve seat holders can purchase game tickets at the high school on Tuesday, December 3 from 8:30 am-3:00 pm.
- Other ticket sales will be during the following times:
- Wednesday, December 4 from 8:30 am-3:00 pm
- Thursday, December 5 from 8:30 am-3:00 pm
- Friday, December 6 from 8:30 am-2:00 pm
- Membership identification cards from the Georgia Athletic Officials Association will be honored like a GHSA pass at all GHSA events. A picture ID is also necessary to use this card. This pass only gets you in the gate one time. No passes out. GHSA pass gate will be at the home ticket booth.
- College and University coaches may attend GHSA playoff contests free of charge with proper ID.
- “Babies in arms” are admitted free of charge in the company of a ticket or pass holder. All other children will not be allowed in gate without a ticket.
- There are no passes out of the gate. If you leave the stadium, you must purchase another ticket to reenter.
Please remember this is a GHSA semifinal game. Irwin County High School has the privilege of being the host school. GHSA sets all prices, rules, and regulations. There are no ticket discounts, but please support the Indians and Irwin County DFACS by bringing your Toys for Tots donations to the game. There will be a collection box at the gate.
Irwin County defeated Charlton 29-26 earlier in the season. For more photographs of the Indians in action visit Tom Robinson's Facebook page.
Tuesday, 12 November 2013 09:40
State Bound! The ICHS Red Hots will be heading back to Columbus. They placed in the top 8 in sectionals this past weekend. The Girls did a great routine. They will be the first public school to take the mats this coming weekend in Columbus. Good Luck to the Red Hots this coming weekend with your state competition!
Monday, 11 November 2013 11:45
Irwin County High School TSA traveled to Jekyll Island this past weekend to the TSA Fall Leadership Conference and Robotics Tournament. Irwin Co. HS entered 2 robots into the competition and finished fairly well considering the communication problems between the transmitters and controllers. Both teams placed 34 and 35th of 60 teams. Robbie Espano and Will Schalch compete as a team against high school students even though they are in the 8th grade. At the conference, ICHS received the spirit stick. A recognition of TSA chapters that go above and beyond to help the leadership in whatever needs to be done to make the conference a success. ICHS also received an trophy for being a presenting chapter at the Chapter Officer Retreat for Excellence where they taught other chapters how to build a successful yearly program of work. The next robotics tournament will be in Lowndes county mid January.
Page 3 of 29«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»